Congratulations to the 2016 Winner!
This year, we received more than 40 nominations from 15 different states, each of which provides a crucial services for individuals with behavioral health needs. Our judges narrowed the submissions to five finalists and the final decision was made by the community-at-large during a two-week voting period. Our five finalists combined received almost 3,000 votes, with this year's winner garnering just over 1,000.
GOALS OF THE Innovation AWARD:
- Reward innovation as defined by the community.
HOW DOES THE SCATTERGOOD FOUNDATION DEFINE INNOVATION?
Innovation: The process of translating an idea or discovery into a good or service that creates a new or different value improving the consumer/end user experience.
The innovations we seek challenge how behavioral health care is currently viewed, organized, and practiced through the creation of catalytic concepts, products, processes, services, and/or technologies.
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The winner receives the Scattergood Innovation Award and a $25,000 cash gift for their program. The Scattergood Foundation will work to promote and share all finalists' work nationally. All submissions which meet our selection criteria will be posted on The Scattergood Foundation website. Your work will receive attention from an ever-growing community of stakeholders through our open public review.
HOW IS THE WINNER SELECTED?
- The Foundation staff screen online submissions.
- The Foundation staff then posts the submissions that meet the selection criteria to our website.
- The public reviews and comments on submissions.
- The panel of experts chooses finalists.
- The public votes online to select the winner among the finalists.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
- Creativity: Effort demonstrates originality, ingenuity and resourcefulness in promoting behavioral health
- Leadership: Describe the process by which the innovation influences others to accomplish goals and objectives that enhanced the field of behavioral health
- Sustainability: Resources are available to continue work
- Replication: Innovation has potential to be duplicated, transferred or adapted by others
- Outcomes: Metrics are specified to assess the effectiveness of the innovation
Sign Up for The Annual Innovation Award Email List!